Join The Alchemist's Kitchen for an exciting lunch and learn:
We are presently in an age of great uncertainty. Panic, overwhelm, depression, and confusion are some of the feelings that are shaping our independent narratives. These feelings, though welcome, can affect our quality of life and over time, they run the risk of becoming all consuming.
Talk therapy, cognitive behavioral therapy, and medication can all be wonderful treatments that help remedy issues pertaining to mental health. However, these resources are not available to everyone. Many people do not have access to medical attention because they do not have health insurance. Additionally, social distancing, prevents us from seeking out medical attention in real life.
Herein lies the power of plants. Plants have long been used as a remedy to quell depression, relieve stress, and elevate mood. Long before Covid-19, there has been a growing trend in herbal medicine to support mental health. The benefits of plants prove to be endless.
In this workshop, herbalist Nadine Vieira-Rosario, will:
- Discuss how herbs can assist the body to adapt to mental and physical stress
- Identify six accessible herbs that can assist you on your mental health journey
- Go over the western functions of select herbs as well as eastern functions
- Provide guests with a recipe for a herbal tea blend
- Suggest literature to further one’s herbal mental health journey
We have reserved tickets for people with limited means. Email us at email@example.com to redeem. Please note, tickets are limited and are first come first serve.
- Following your payment, you will receive an email with the zoom meeting room and password
- Tickets are non-refundable